Working from home is the new normal. We have to abide by it as a lifestyle to maintain distance as much as possible. While some may get excited to have that comfort of privacy, some of us may dread it. There are a lot of us who find it hard to concentrate or be productive at home as much we did in the office environment. But at times like these, we do not have the luxury of options, so we need to follow the new normal and work with it.
By chance, if you belong to the lot that finds it hard to accumulate in work from home situation, it’s okay, we can help you achieve an environment that’ll make you feel at ease. Just follow through these guidelines for the best ways to achieve the new workspace.
1. First of all, make sure you choose the correct corner with maximum natural light.
This way your whole work area will be lit up, and it’ll make you feel awake and fresh.
2. Yes, it needs a decor of your likings and preferences.
You can explore the world of indoor plants, they give off a great vibe, green and minimalistic.
3. Talking of minimalistic, a clean workspace will definitely broaden your virtual appeal.
Try a monochromatic theme, the less busy the more peaceful your workspace will be.
4. It is best if you can get a second monitor.
If your work includes coding, designing, writing, and researching, this is the trick. It makes multitasking so much easier.
5. If you have a limited budget and can’t think of furniture which you should spend your money on, try this.
Invest in the most comfortable work chair that suits your body structure the best way possible.
6. Sound disturbances are the most annoying thing while working.
So, choose the quietest space for working.
7. Put up a pinboard above your workspace.
This will give you a constant reminder of the things you need to do or even get inspired by.
8. Keep a mug of water with a straw in it, instead of a water bottle.
Its easier to sip than opening a bottle and drinking from it. Stay hydrated at all times. Also, prefer using reusable metal straws.
9. Sometimes you may get bored which is pretty predictable since you’re at home all day.
Try changing up the area, go out in the balcony for an hour or two along with your laptop, it helps. Change is good for something that is so stagnant.
10. It is very easy to get distracted by social media when you know your boss isn’t right across your table.
Try logging out of it during work hours so that the notifications don’t distract you. And only keep the things you need in your toolbar.
11. There is a saying, ‘the busier you’re the more things you can get done.’
“Newton’s law of inertia: If you’re in motion, you’ll stay in motion. If you’re at rest, you’ll stay at rest. HubSpot’s principal marketing manager, Pam Vaughan, suggests focusing in on something that maintains your rhythm (in her case, it’s her daughter).” – Hubspot
12. Decent wifi speed is a must-have.
It is the basic thing you need to work without any lack in between. Try finding the best plan which is suitable for the kind of work you do.
13. Everyone has a different way of keeping themselves aboard while brainstorming.
Some of us like background music with no lyrics, and trust me it works perfectly. My personal favorite is jazz music at a low volume.
14. It is hard to keep up with the consistency as it can get boring very quickly.
The best tip is to try putting on some work clothes as much as you can every morning. You don’t have to go all out, just put on a shoe, or wear a trouser, or a shirt.
15. Last but not least, food, everyone needs to eat and most of us either rely on house helps or online foods.
And at times like these, it’s risky to rely on both, so the safest is to learn some easy cooking techniques during the weekends. There are many cooking videos available online waiting for you.